Hello, Bitcoin Community! Texans for Greg Abbott is re-opening its Bitcoin contributions. Bitcoin, a new and decentralized digital currency, enables instant financial transactions with a new level of safety and security.
Bitcoin transactions are made with no middlemen and no transaction fees. Your Bitcoin contribution to Texans for Greg Abbott will be listed as an in-kind contribution to the campaign. Make a Bitcoin donation here.
Bitcoin Fact Sheet:
- Bitcoin is an encrypted, decentralized digital currency.
- Bitcoin is protected by an extremely secure database (the Blockchain).
- In order to comply with the Texas Ethics Commission on in-kind contributions, Texans for Greg Abbott will require users submit certain information, including name, address, employer, and occupation.
- The Texas Banking Commission and the Internal Revenue Service have both recognized Bitcoin as an asset as opposed to an actual currency, so contributions via Bitcoin transactions are considered in-kind contributions to the campaign and will be reported accordingly on forthcoming campaign finance reports.
- Bitcoin transaction fees, if any, are significantly less than those associated with traditional forms of payment because this form of currency is transferred user-to-user, eliminating the presence of a third party financial institution.